Libraries now are so much more than books!
They serve many age groups in the community and meet needs using various resources. Take advantage of these resources (many of them are free) for your older family member or friend.
Library Resources for Seniors
- Books-nonfiction and fiction
- Audio books
- Zinio for Libraries
- DVD’s of current and past movies
- Kid’s story time (Take an older family member with a child and listen and watch the children during their story hour. Fun for everyone to watch!)
- Book Clubs
- Author Talks
- Volunteering-If your loved one loves to volunteer they may have volunteer roles available. My library trains persons 50 and older to be “spellbinders”, that is, adults who read to children in local schools. There may be other volunteer positions that exist in your local library.
- Historical and genealogy research
- Librarians are there to help and can point you in the right direction. Just ask!