Could there be something you don’t yet know about your mother or grandmother?
Here are some questions to choose from for reminiscing on Mother’s Day or any day.
- In what city and state were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- Where did you go to school?
- What were your childhood friends like?
- Describe the house/apartment/place where you grew up?
- What were some of your favorite leisure time activities when you were a child?
- What were some of your favorite leisure time activities when you were in your 20’s, 30’s, etc…?
- Did you go to church growing up? Was there someone who was the religious influence in your family? How often did you go?
- What was your mother like? Are you like your mother?
- Did your mother have a saying she always said to you or share some special bits of wisdom?
- Did your mother ever give you something special such as a piece of jewelry, an heirloom, or letter?
- What were some of your favorite memories of your mother?
- Were you close to your grandmother? Describe what she was like?
- Did you always want to be a mother?
- What was the most important lesson(s) you taught your children?
- What are some of the most memorable moments of being a mother?
- How did your children get their names? Are they named after someone?
- What were the things you cooked that were your kids favorites?
- What kind of activities did you do with your children?
- What was their bedtime ritual like?
- Did you ever receive any homemade gifts from your children? Do you still have any of them?
- What would you like your children to know now?