On Father’s Day or any day it’s always a great time to reminisce with Dad.
Here are some topics and questions for starters.
- When and where were you born? Do you remember anything significant about your birth that your parents told you?
- How many siblings do you/did you have? Were you close to any of your siblings? Were you close to your parents?
- What were your favorite leisure time activities? Who did you play them with? Were you active outdoors? Did you enjoy activities indoors?
- Where did you go to school? What were your favorite subjects in school? Who was your childhood friend/friends? Did you play sports? Which sports did you play? What other school activities were you a part of?
On Being a Father
- What was your father like? Are you like your father? Are you like your mother?
- What did your father look like? Do you look like him? Do you sound like him?
- Do you remember any of your father’s words of wisdom? Did he have a saying he always said? Did you say the same words of wisdom to your children?
- Did your father ever give you anything special such as a family heirloom or something special that belonged to him? Do you still have it?
- Share some of your favorite memories of your father.
- Did you always want to be a father?
- What were the most important lessons you taught your children?
- What were some of the most memorable moments of being a father?
- Did you name your children? Are they named after someone?
- What were some of the special activities you did with your children?
- Did you ever receive any homemade gifts from your children? Do you still have any of them?
- What would you like your children to know now?