The next time you take the kids to the park to play, don’t forget to take an older family member or friend.
Here are 10 activities your loved one might enjoy participating in, or just watching.
- Pack a lunch and have a picnic.
- Take a walk around the park.
- Play croquet, horseshoes, or putt a golf ball.
- Fly a kite on a windy day.
- Watch the kids play and interact.
- Take family pictures.
- Have a tea party and make it as fancy or as simple as you want.
- Read a book together.
- Watch for wildlife such as birds, squirrels, butterflies, bees, and ladybugs. Marvel at them.
- Strike up an interesting conversation or reminisce about past summers.