Who says tea parties are just for little princesses?
Tea time is fun for all ages…
and especially for grandparents and grand friends. Let your little one show off and host a tea party for their favorite older person.
Here are some ideas:
- Tea can be served in whatever cups you have available. Visit a second hand store for fancy teacups and saucers (I bought the one above from a church garage sale), or serve tea in your child’s favorite tea set.
- For a fancy table use placemats or table cloths or have your child draw a placemat and her guests will have a take-home present.
- Dress attire is another thing to consider. Dress like princes and princesses or just wear a fancy hat. Make hats ahead of time by gluing or pinning flowers to a garden hat. Or, wear your everyday attire!
- Consider serving finger foods such as tea sandwiches, truffles, cookies, or whatever you have on hand.
- Make sure you have a camera ready to capture these moments. When my children were smaller my mother relished tea time with her grandkids.