Fall is a season of beautiful color…
and a wonderful time to take walks or just sit and relax at the park.
Here are some questions for reminiscing as you and an older family member or friend take in the changing scenery:
- Where did you go to school? When did school start? Did you ever have a long enough summer?
- What was your favorite subject? Did you have a subject you disliked? What did you excel at?
- Did you have to wear uniforms? What did you wear? What were the fashions?
- Who were your friends? What did you do with them? Did they live close? Were you always close to them?
- How did you get to school? Did you walk? Did someone take you? How did you get home?
- Did you do any extracurricular activities, like sports or clubs?
- Did you go to college? If so, what degree did you pursue? Did you like college?
Farming and Harvest Time
- Did you ever live on a farm? If so, did you like it? What did your family grow or raise?
- Did you ever have a garden? How big was your garden space? What did you grow? What was your favorite thing to grow and eat? Did you share your garden bounty with others? What dishes did you make from your garden’s fruits and vegetables?
- Did you ever can, freeze, make jellies/jams/pickles, etc…? What kinds of foods did you preserve?
- Did you raise chickens, cows, pigs, goats, or other animals? Were you responsible for taking care of them?
- Do you enjoy watching football? Did you ever play football? If so where?
- Do you have a favorite team? Do you watch football regularly? Did you ever attend any football games?
- Did you ever attend any fall dances like Sadie Hawkins or other fall harvest dances? Who did you go with? Did you dance with anyone special?
- Did you ever go to any state or county fairs? Did you ever enter into a competition at a fair? If so, what competition? How did you do?