If you want somewhere to go this month with your older family member or friend, here are a few ideas:
- Go to see a holiday play. Sometimes places will have a special production (with a special time) for seniors you might check into. Also check into special seating if needed.
- Take an evening and drive around to see the Christmas lights, even if it is in your own neighborhood.
- Go shopping. Make a plan ahead of time of where you will go. See Tips for shopping with an older family member.
- Go to lunch.
- See a holiday movie at the movie theater.
- Attend a church service or another special holiday service together. This time of the year many churches offer special holiday programs to their congregations, things like plays, choirs, bible studies, etc…
- Visit someone you know that your older family member or friend hasn’t seen in a while. This may be a relative, someone in a nursing home, or a friend.
- Go somewhere for hot cocoa or tea.
- Visit a favorite charity and drop off a donation.
- Deliver a plate of cookies to a place your loved one frequents such as a senior center, doctors office, volunteer organization, or club he may belong to.
**When you go, plan ahead, check the weather, and most of all have fun!