“Where words fail, music speaks.”
Hans Christian Andersen
Reminiscing isn’t all about words.
Sometimes reminiscing is the song in your heart. The warm feeling you get when you listen to something familiar that you’ve carried with you all your life. Sometimes memories can be triggered by what we feel, see, taste, smell, and what we hear.
Sometimes memories cannot be put into words.
Find the song that your loved one might remember. Here are some older songs that might be familiar to get you started.
If you can’t remember the words, just hum!
- You Are My Sunshine written by Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell
- Over the Rainbow music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg
- Amazing Grace by John Newton
- Goodnight Irene by Steve Earle
- Rock of Ages by Augustus Montague Toplady
- Sentimental Journey music by Les Brown and Ben Homer, lyrics by Bud Green
- Tea for Two music by Vincent Youmans and lyrics by Irving Ceasar
- Red River Valley by unknown
- How Great Thou Art original poem by Carl Gustav Boberg and by Stuart Hine
- Singin’ in the Rain music by Nacio Herb Brown and lyrics by Arthur Freed
**Find words to songs by doing a search on the internet