Pour some lemonade, sit on the porch and reminisce with your older friend or family member about summers past.
- What were your favorite summer activities as a child? As an adult?
- Who did you do those activities with?
- Where did the best swimming, fishing, or picnics, take place?
Where You Lived
- What was there to do during the summer where you lived as a child? Did you have fun? Did you ever get bored?
- Who did you spend your days with? Were you able to see your friends often?
- What was the weather like? Was it hot? How hot? What did you do to keep cool?
- Did you go on vacations growing up? Where did you go? Who did you go with? Was it fun?
- Did you ever go to visit relatives during the summer? Did you enjoy visiting these relatives?
- Did you ever go on a big adventure such as visit a National Park, visit a different country, go to museums, zoos, or carnivals?
Gardens and Farms
- Did you ever grow a summer garden? What did you grow?
- What was your favorite thing to plant? Have you ever eaten anything straight out of the garden?
- Did you ever visit a farm? Did you like it? Could you or did you ever live on a farm?
This post contains affiliate links below which means this site may earn a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost.
Other Summer Reminiscing Activities
The activities listed here are a way to enhance reminiscing with an elder or group of elders.
- Color summer scenes with markers or colored pencils. Reminisce about each picture.
- See the post Remember When? Summer for even more Summer reminiscing.