Reminiscing with Pinterest
Caregivers Activity Source is trying something new for reminiscing!
For those of you who have a Pinterest account I am linking up reminiscing questions/clues with a board I have created just for this post on my Pinterest page. If you don’t have a Pinterest account it is easy to sign up for one.
This is how Reminiscing About Movie Stars Pinterest Board Works.
- Link to the Pinterest board Movie Star Reminiscing. A tablet may be easier to use if you will be doing this activity during a one to one, but you may use a computer as well.
- Print the following questions/clues to use with the Movie Star Reminiscing board about the movie stars pinned on the board. Or you may wish to open a second window on your computer or tablet and switch back and forth. The questions or clues will provide some information about a movie star. An elder can then find the picture of the star that matches that information. It is much like reminiscing trivia using clues to find pictures of stars.
- Continue to reminisce about the movie stars they find.
- I have limited the amount of pins to 23 as to not overwhelm an elder with too many pins. But there are only 18 questions or clues.
- See the answers listed below.
- Please let me know how this method of reminiscing works for you. I can do more of these types of posts if this works for you. Your feedback is much appreciated. The comment section below will be open for two weeks.
Questions for Reminiscing about Movie Stars.
- Which actress acted and danced with Ginger Rogers in “Swing Time” and many other movies?
- Here’s a movie clue: “Follow the Yellow Brick Road.” What was the main characters name and what was her real name? What movie is this line from? Can you name other characters from this movie?
- This movie star starred in The Way We Were. Who was his famous co-star?
- Can you find the picture of the “Rat Pack“? Name some stars who were members of the Rat Pack.
- This movie star acted in Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to name just a few.
- Married eight times to seven husbands this actress started her career young. She starred in National Velvet and Cleopatra to name a few.
- Actor, comedian, singer, entertainer of troops. Can you find him?
- A sex symbol of the 1950’s, this blonde is still famous today. One of her husbands played for the New York Yankees. Who was he?
- Which line is from the movie Casablanca? Who starred in that movie? Can you find their pictures?
- Rooster Cogburn, Sheriff John T. Chance, Col. Cord McNally are just a few of the characters this movie star played.
- The movie actress who would become a princess.
- Harry Callahan, Robert Kincaid, and Josey Wales, are three of the characters from movies he starred in.
- This actress won four academy awards and was a Hollywood leading lady who was outspoken.
- “Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be, will be …” Which star sang this song? Can you finish the line?
- This movie star was an actor, race car driver, and philanthropist. He also has a line of food products.
- “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” was said in this Christmas movie that this actor played in. Did you ever see the movie? What is the actor and the famous movie?
- “Bond. James Bond”. Find one of the actors who have played this famous role. Can you name other actors that have played James Bond? Which James Bond actor was your favorite?
- Find the quote from the movie Gone With the Wind. Which character said this in the movie? Who played this character?
- Fred Astaire
- Dorothy Gale played by Judy Garland – The Wizard of Oz – Cowardly Lion, The Tin Man, The Scarecrow, Oz, The Wicked Witch, Wicked Witch of the West, …
- Robert Redford – Barbara Streisand
- Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Peter Lawford, Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop
- Harrison Ford
- Elizabeth Taylor
- Bob Hope
- Marilyn Monroe – Joe DiMaggio
- “We’ll always have Paris.” (quote from Casablanca) – Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman
- John Wayne
- Grace Kelly
- Clint Eastwood
- Kathryn Hepburn
- “…the future’s not ours to see, que sera sera.” from the song “Whatever Will Be Will be (Que Sera Sera)
- Paul Newman
- James Stewart played George Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- Roger Moore – Sean Connery, Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan, Timothy Dalton, and George Lazenby
- Rhett Butler – Clark Gable