The outside world gives us so much to see, smell, taste, hear, and feel.
Help a child and grandparent to explore the outside world together with these five simple activities.
- Collect flowers, leaves, and grass for pressing. (See Collecting and Pressing Flowers) Later make them into crafts.
- Give a child and/or grandparent a camera to take pictures of flowers in bloom or to take pictures of themselves in various garden settings.
- Go on a hunt for ripe vegetables and fruit and have a snack outdoors.
- Cut flowers and make flower arrangements in vases. Then bring indoors.
- Use binoculars to observe birds, animals, and other wildlife. Listen for their unique sounds and watch their habits.