Children’s songs are songs we all love. Grandparents will likely be familiar with these songs and can sing along. If grandparents cannot remember the words they may be able to hum along and will enjoy listening to little ones sing.
Here are ten familiar songs. Include others that your children know.
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- London Bridge
- The Muffin Man
- Skip to My Lou
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Here We Go ‘Round the Mulberry Bush
- The Farmer in the Dell
- Frere Jacques
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Baby Bumble Bee
Here are four ways to use the songs in different activities.
- Sing the song or hum the tune.
- Make up different words to the songs for fun.
- If some words are forgotten, insert another fun word in it’s place.
- Sing one part from a stanza of a song, then let another person finish it.