Making an Easter Care Package
for an older family member is a fun family activity. If you have a loved one who is far away or even close by consider creating a care package of things they love.
Here are some items to add to an Easter care package.
- Easter candy– Add full bags of candy or create small bags of various kinds with small party bags
- Snacks they enjoy
- Cookie mix you make from your favorite cookie recipe (place the dry ingredients in a jar or bag and send this along with the recipe. Include in the recipe that they will add the wet ingredients.)
- New kitchen hand towel
- Easter cookie cutters
- Small plastic eggs filled with little surprises
- Gardening items such as seeds, tools, garden gloves, small decorative accents, garden pots, etc…
- Unpainted bird house with paints to paint it
- Updated photos of the kids or a new photo album
- Silly photos of the kids such as kids making funny faces, wearing silly hats, etc…
- Homemade gifts like bookmarks, kids drawings, garden stones, a homemade Easter card, etc… See Kids gifts for grandparents for more ideas.
- Easter is a religious holiday for many Christians. You may consider religious items in your care package
- Books of interest
- Activity books like Sudoku, mazes, or crossword puzzles
- Magazines of interest
- Outdoor wear like sunglasses, sunscreen, or a new hat
- See Creating a care package for more ideas of what to add