Here’s a simple craft that will also feed the birds that winter in your area!
Materials and Supplies Needed for Bird Feeder:
- Popsicle Sticks (I used larger ones because I had those in my craft closet)
- Non toxic Glue
- Drill or an awl that you can poke a hole with (optional)
- Small bit of yarn or string
- Peanut butter
- Wild bird seed
- Paper plate
Directions to make your Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder:
- Choose 4 popsicle sticks. Glue the centers together adding one on top of the other, until the 4th one is on top. Let dry. This should look like a flower shape.
- Drill a tiny hole at the top of one of the sticks. Run a piece of yarn or string through the hole and tie it together for hanging. If you don’t have a drill or an awl, tie the yarn or string around the sticks securely at one of the ends or around the center for hanging.
- Place a generous amount of bird seed on a paper plate.
- Spread peanut butter all over the front and back of the flower shaped bird feeder.
- Dip the flower shaped bird feeder onto the bird seed. Press down to get all the areas of the bird feeder covered with bird seed.
- Hang on a tree or up against a fence post and enjoy the birds that come to visit.