Not all activities have to be planned. Some of the best activities are spur of the moment and informal.
Brief activities are also wonderful for those older persons that have short attention spans.
Here are 10 one minute activities. Can you think of more?
- Say a prayer together
- Rub lotion into a loved ones hands and arms
- Read a short poem or quote
- Look out the window for wildlife
- Smell a flower
- Taste test dinner
- Feel something in your environment like a pillow, stuffed animal, clothing, etc…
- Share some candy
- Notice the weather and talk about it
- Do one minute of stretches with arms, legs, hands, fingers, feet, and/or toes