Fairy gardens are lovely miniature gardens that are delightful to look at.
They can captivate the imagination of young and old. For Mother’s Day one year, I gave my mother the materials needed for a Fairy Garden and we set it up together. Here’s what we put in it.
- Fairy and her miniature friends like turtles, squirrels and any small animals you can find
- Other miniature items you would like to add like houses, garden tools, chair, etc…
- Small planter box
- Potting soil
- Small sized plants
- Place your potting soil into your small planter box.
- Arrange the small plants around the planter box as you like.
- Water your plants.
- Add your fairy to the planter box around the foliage. Next, arrange all the other miniature items you would like to add around the box.
*Fairy garden items can often be found at nursery or garden centers. The fun part is looking at other stores, like hobby stores, for miniature things to add to it. It can be an ongoing process.