Autumn is a great time of year…
to take some day trips with an older loved one.
Here are 5 day trips to plan for fall
- Take a drive to see the changing colors from trees in your area. Neighborhoods, parks, mountains, and other places may still have some brilliant colors showing. But, hurry, they won’t last long!
- Visit a pumpkin patch with or without children. Have fun picking out some pumpkins to take home or just enjoy the view.
- If you’re lucky enough to have an apple orchard in your area, why not visit one and take home some apples. Plan to make an “apple recipe” from them. If you don’t have an orchard, pick up some apples at your grocery store or farmers market to make that favorite apple recipe.
- Pack a lunch and go sit by a lake, the beach, or other water spot close to you. Enjoy the view.
- Go to a farmer’s market, garden, or other outdoor adventure going on in your area. Look through your local paper to find the perfect place to visit.
For more Autumn activities see Keeping active during Autumn post.