Nothing brightens up a day like flowers…
so why not brighten up a loved ones day with a small posy. They are simple to make and little to no cost depending on the materials you have in your home.
How to make a Spring Posy:
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- Flowers-these can be real or fake, whatever is available. If you want your posy to last longer than a few hours or a day, you might consider fake flowers. However, some real flowers dry very nicely and will still be lovely long after it is given. I used fake flowers in mine, purchasing small flower picks at the craft store.
- Small amount of ribbon
- Arrange flowers into a tiny bouquet.
- Take the ribbon and start winding it around the top of the stems about an 1″ to 1″½. You can tuck the ends of the ribbon under each end of the ribbon or use a dot of glue to hold it in place.
- Cut off any stems below the wrapped portion.
- I tied another small paper ribbon into a bow around the wrapped stems for additional embellishment, but this is optional.
Things to do with a Spring Posy:
- Give it to a family member you are caring for.
- The posy can be worn on a lapel for any occasion, or for any day in spring. No need for special occasions!
- Place it on their place mat at meal times as a decoration.
- Set it on a bedside table or end table where they generally sit in the living room.
- Take it on your next nursing home visit and give it to a loved one that may live there.
- Have a loved one help make the posy for others or for herself.
- Take a walk with your loved one and pick some small flowers from the flower garden to use in the posy.
- Make several posies with different kinds of flowers.