Here’s a simple way to make a St. Patrick’s Day Pin.
All you need are 4 craft materials!
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- green ribbon (I used 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon )
- button (of your liking)
- green thread
- safety pin (for lapels, you may find at Craft stores)
Directions for making a St. Patrick’s Day pin:
- Cut the ribbon 15 inches long.
- Fold the ribbon in half making about a 1″ loop at the top.
- Secure this loop in place with a stitch or two of thread, hiding your knot at the back. Keep your needle and thread attached as we will stitch again after the next two loops. (Step 1 in the picture below)
- After the loop is secured make another loop to one of the sides. Again, tack this down in the middle with a stitch or two of thread. (Step 2 in the picture below)
- Make the third loop off to the other side. Tack this down as well. (Step 3 in the picture below)
- Using the same needle and thread, sew a button to the middle, where your stitching is. The button should hide where the sewing is. Secure the button with a knot at the back. You can cut your thread now. (Step 4 in the picture below)
- Even out your extra ribbon (that form the shamrock’s stems) by cutting the edges at an angle. Place a safety pin (for lapels) on the back of your shamrock and you’re ready to wear it.