A garden can stimulate memories from long ago.
Spending time in a garden can bring back memories of once having a garden, or a friend or family member’s garden.
Here are some activities for the garden and outdoors that might bring back memories. Reminisce during each activity.
- Find and pick ripe berries-strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc…
- Pick ripe vegetables and then cook in a dish.
- Cut flowers and arrange in a vase.
- Identify flowers, vegetables, and fruits.
- Identify shrubs, trees, and leaves.
- Aromas can bring back memories. Smell flowers, pinch and smell the leaves of mint plants and other herbs.
- Pick mint leaves and make tea. Sit and drink it outdoors.
- Pick flowers and dry for sachets and potpourri. After they have dried reminisce about when you and your older friend or family member picked them.
- Take a walk through the garden and look for wildlife as well as plants.
- Reminisce about gardening, farming, and country life.