Here’s a roundup of 10 favorite Autumn Posts…
you can checkout during the month of October.
- Autumn Reminiscing – Treat yourself to an hour of stories about Autumn. Here are some questions about past Autumns if your older family member enjoys reminiscing.
- The weather is usually still nice enough to get out and enjoy the Autumn scenery. Here are 5 Autumn Trips to Take with an Older Loved One.
- The aromas and tastes are a big part of any season. You can experience both of the tastes and smells of Autumn by making some Crockpot Mulled Apple Cider for you and your family member.
- Keeping active is important. Here are ways for Keeping Active During Autumn.
- If you and a loved one are feeling crafty try making something from mason jars – Autumn Mason Jar Crafts.
- If you want more reminiscing questions, these are about Halloween. How did your older family member celebrate Halloween? Here are some questions to get you started.
- Seasonal decorations can sometimes be a reminder to a person with dementia what time of year it is. See this post on Decorating Nature’s Way for ideas on decorating their home.
- If your loved one enjoys giving, here’s a simple craft to make for anyone, especially the kids in their life – Halloween Candy Bags.
- Make a fall potpourri from the things you gather on your walk. See this post on Gathering and Making Potpourri.
- For the days when you need to stay in because of the weather, set up a jig-saw puzzle to do together.